MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT - AUGUST 2019Category:
PRO is bubbling with new Projects, Referrals, Opportunities along with information, inspiration, hope, and encouragement. AND, it is hot as ever in Palm Desert.
Our work so no-one is isolated because of Parkinson’s has a very busy schedule this month.
- We are staring work with Mel Robertson of Declutter Spaces to “Declutter” the office making room for more volunteers and staff while avoiding a move.
- We are proud to announce our newest staff member, LORI ALLEN.
- Tremendous effort is going into the 3rd Annual BNI CHARITY GOLF CLASSIC that PRO is the beneficiary of. The Classic takes place September 13th.
- TV and Print Media has started on the announcement of my “OUTSTANDING NONPROFIT FOUNDER” award given by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP). The luncheon takes place on November 8th. I would LOVE it if you joined me.
- Our outreach this month is a booth at the local STAPLES BLOCK PARTY taking place August 3 and 4.
- On August 11, I go to Alhambra, CA, to receive the theses from four different teams at CiAM (California Institute of Advanced Management) who are obtaining their MBA degrees based on their Internship with PRO.
- On August 17th, I meet with a Social Worker to establish two more Caregiver Only Support meetings in the Long Beach, CA, area.
- On August 24th, we are holding a SPA DAY, a Special Persons Appreciation Day for our volunteers and other special people. Call if you would like to participate. Sponsorships are being accepted.
Yes, it is a jam-packed, busy month.
THANK YOU. We are so grateful to all the donors who responded to our Summer Letter Campaign request for funds. We cannot do what we do without you.
Our live support group meetings return next month. Notices will start going out August 21st.
This month ICBII is on summer break so the UPDATE ON THE ROAD TO THE CURE will not be published; find NOT READY TO THROW IN THE TOWEL; OVERCOMING YOUR MIDAFTERNOON ENERGY SLUMP; AYURVEDIC LEVODOPA FOLLOW UP - IMPORTANT NOTE; GIFT OF HOPE, HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN IT’S TIME FOR ASSISTED LIVING? and our BITS AND PIECES on GoGoGrandparent.
Join us in making a difference in your life or the life of a loved one this MONTH by making a donation. Supporting us is simple: Make monthly donations through our safe PayPal donation page at http://www.parkinsonsresource.org/#modal-donate or mail your donation to our office in Palm Desert, CA.
Until next month, REMEMBER N Friendship Day on the 4th, Nat'l. Lazy Day on the 10th, Nat'l. Relaxation Day on the 15th, Nat'l. Tell A Joke Day on the 16th, Nat'l. Nonprofit Day on the 18th and Nat'l. Tooth Fairy Day on the 22nd. The flowers are the Poppy & Gladiolus and the Birthstone: Peridot. ALWAYS remember to CELEBRATE YOU and PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS!
Founder & President